An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Ecologist to join our expanding team at Hughes Architects. You will be working with our team of Architects and building designers to support us in developing a whole range of projects from houses through to hospitals.
You will be undertaking works such as:
· Ecological Scoping
· Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and Preliminary Ecological Assessments
· Protected Species Surveys and Mitigation Plans
· Environmental Impact Assessments
· EPS licences and Method Statements
· Wildlife and Habitat Management Plans
· 5 years’ experience of working in this sector
· Hold a Survey and Conservation licence to survey bats, great-crested newts, bird and reptiles.
· Ideally, experience as a Senior Ecological Consultant
· Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) is preferred
· Experience of working with Natural Resources Wales
· Hold a current CSCS card
· Full driving licence and use of a car for business purposes
· Understanding of client needs and a commitment to find deliverable solutions
· Excellent organisational skills and planning/time management
· Knowledge of policy and regulations for both Wales and England
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Sole management of projects
This position is open to ambitious individuals who are looking to grow their career. Salary will be in the region of £30,000 – £35,000 per annum.
Hughes Architects is a leading architectural design and planning consultancy with 3 offices in Mid Wales. You will become a valued member of the team, assisting us in our endeavours to support our commercial, residential, agricultural and rural clients. We work in a fast-paced and vibrant environment that looks to enable team members to develop their skills. Candidates are invited to submit their CV with a covering letter demonstrating how they fit the role criteria.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Send your CV and covering letter or video to:
Carol Aitchison, Practice Manager, Hughes Architects – Carol.Aitchison@hughesarchitects.co.uk
Or call 01686 610311 for an initial chat.